I don’t get as angry about Captcha as I used to, but on occasion someone asks me why I don’t like it. I figured I’d post this list here so I can have something to reference, instead of having to brainstorm everytime I’m asked the question.
- Most people hate filling out Captchas.
- It doesn’t stop human spammers (they fill out your form manually).
- Spam software these days can break through simple Captchas.
- If you make your Captcha harder, you may block legit users.
- Blind people can’t get past Captchas.
So what is my least favorite feature in ColdFusion? <cfimage action=”captcha”> 😉